Sunday, June 13, 2010

Celebration of Flight

Last weekend, we had a booth at the Celebration of Flight event at the Logan airport. It was my very first event and the kids and I went and set up on Friday afternoon. On Saturday, Ben manned the booth so the boys and I got to walk around and look at all the airplanes and helicopters. They were in little boy heaven!

The most exciting part for them was sitting in the helicopter. They were begging me to be able to sit in it the whole time we were there on Friday, so when they actually had the chance on Saturday, they were SO excited! (Notice Evan's goofy face.)
06 05 030web

The helicopter they got to sit in:
06 05 034web

We also got to see lots and lots of airplanes, and the boys got to sit in a couple of those, too.

(Evan asked me to take this picture.)
06 05 036web

06 05 037web

The valley is absolutely gorgeous right now, so I was also enjoying the great view.
Love those mountains

06 05 054web

Some other favorite things (that I don't have pictures of) were the model airplanes and helicopters that they had flying around. They were doing all kinds of flips and tricks with them, it was pretty cool. Evan also got to drive a little remote control robot.

The event ended up being a bit lame for us as far as the business is concerned, but the boys sure loved it. They even got little wooden airplane toys to play with, so they couldn't have been happier. :)

1 comment:

Bec said...

What fun! We quite love airplanes around here. It looks like quite a blast. :) I love that Evan requested that picture. Too cute. And you're right, what a pretty place to live!