Things have been so crazy and stressful around here, so we decided to take our friends up on their invitation to spend a weekend at Lake Powell with them. Oh, it was so fabulous!
We started the 7 hour drive around 8 pm on Thursday night. (It was supposed to be 7, but I didn't get the car packed in time, what with teaching preschool that same day and all.) We had planned on finding somewhere to stop for the night a few hours before Powell, but it didn't happen and we ended up pulling into the campground at Wahweap Marina at 4 in the morning!
After a few hours of sleep, we packed up and headed out to find Brandon and Jess. They ended up not having cell phone coverage there, so we were lucky that we remembered where we camped with them six years ago... and lucky that that's where they were camping this year, too!
Despite a bit of a rocky start to the trip, the rest of the stay at Powell was heaven! We camped on the beach, spent most of the day boating and skiing, ate yummy camping food, and relaxed in the shade while the kiddos played in the water on the beach. The best part was that we didn't have to think about work or church callings or cleaning or any other responsibilities for an entire three days! Heaven.
I would do a play by play of the trip, but I'm too lazy, and honestly, most of you probably don't really care all that much. :) So here is the "narrowed down" version of all the pictures.
Evan trying the knee board:

Asher giving us a little wave from the knee board:

Ben on the ski:

Catching some air:

I'm happy to say that I actually did get up on skis this time. I got up on two and dropped one.

Jess on the ski:

Brandon on the ski:

Asher's favorite thing to do at the lake:

Water fight!


Me and Ben at sunset:

Asher "making tracks" at sunset:

Probably the highlight of the trip was jumping off the big rocks. It was definitely Evan's favorite part.



Evan jumping from the higher spot:

The boys got fancy and started diving instead of jumping.


So, the girls had to try it, too. :)

Boat rides were great for getting the kids to nap.

(You can't tell very well, but Evan is asleep in this picture)

"Cheese!!"

Gorgeous scenery:



The dam:

Driving home:

Dorito face:

*WHEW!* What an awesome trip!



5 comments:
Gosh how beautiful! Makes me want to live in Utah! What a beautiful couple and family. Love the sunset pics!
wow gorgeous! Looks like so much fun, glad you guys got a chance to get away :)
What fun!!! My two favorite pictures (artsy-wise... of course I love all of the ones with you two and/or the kiddos in them-- ie. go naps!) are: the two men diving and the one with the moon. Do you know which I'm referring to? Gorgeous. I'm glad you all got a vacation. You needed one. ;)
Okay, one more: the one of Ben skiing. I LOVE the gorgeous rocks... makes me homesick for something south. ;)
Lake Powell is the greatest place on earth! That's where I learned how to get up on one ski. Haven't been there in 5 years. I hope to remedy that someday. Thanks for letting me visit vicariously through the pictures!
Post a Comment