Sunday, August 19, 2012

Picture Ledges

I'm usually one to get pictures up on my walls right away after a move, especially in the living room. For some reason, with this move, it has taken me a lot longer. Maybe because I have grand plans for the walls this time around. Either way, I finally tackled one of the projects on my to-do list.... picture ledges!

08 18 20web

These ledges are really inexpensive at Ikea and I already had all the frames (accumulated slowly over the years... some of them are from the thrift store and then spray painted).

08 18 22web

I love this print I put together in photoshop with the date of our wedding and the dates of the kids' birthdays (an idea I found on Pinterest). The bottom says "What a difference a day makes."

20120808-DSC_0016web

I also found a free printable that I loved of the US with a heart over where you live. It didn't print well on our printer, so I used my silhouette to recreate the print by cutting the pieces out of card stock.

20120808-DSC_0018web

(This blogger has generously posted pdf files for all 50 states, as well as the country, if you want one for yourself!)

I really love how these shelves turned out. Now I just need to update our pictures! And, you know... get the rest of the walls done. ;)

3 comments:

Brianne said...

I love it, it looks great! I totally want to copy you :-). I was thinking about making one of those date prints and now I really want to... maybe I'll wait until after #3 is born. I love those Ikea shelves too.

alanna said...

It looks awesome Li!

Lori said...

A home isn't a home until the pics are up! I love the shelves, they look great.