I'm not done going through all the pictures from our trip yet, so this is only the first two days of our family trip to Memphis.
We left Thursday morning and spent the rest of the day driving.

We got to Memphis and checked into our lovely hotel room:

The curtains were my favorite part. I think I need to find out where I can purchase some of these. ;) Even though it was clean and comfortable, the whole hotel gave off kind of a creepy/haunted vibe.
The next morning, we hung out at the hotel for a while.


After an easy going morning, we spent the rest of the day at Mud Island Park. We rode the tram over to the island, which the boys thought was so cool!

Mud Island Park has a miniature scale model of the Mississippi river. It's really neat! We were surprised by how long it was. It took almost an hour to walk the whole thing!
Seconds after this picture was taken, Evan was soaked. He must be related to me. :)

The kids had fun playing in the miniature river.

In this picture, Ben's left foot is in Memphis and he's pointing to Mud Island.


At the end of the river, there was a place to rent paddle boats. Here we are on our pirate ship paddle boat!

Asher enjoying the paddle boat:

After the paddle boat, we explored the museum.



On our way back to the hotel, Asher fell asleep, so we decided to see some of the sights. We drove past Graceland. There were too many trees to see the house, but here's the wall out front:

And the Lisa Marie, Elvis' airplane:

We also drove past the Sun Studio, where Elvis recorded his first album.

That's the end of day two! On day three, we spend the day at the Shiloh battle field. Those pictures are coming soon! :)



3 comments:
Looks like you had a great trip!! Don't you just love seeing new places?!
fun trip Li! I like the mini-river. So cool. Glad you guys had fun. Don't you love tri 10?
I think it's funny to see pictures you took of our home town. Very very cool. Love it!
Post a Comment