Saturday, October 3, 2009

The curse of October conference weekend.

Some of you may remember this post from last year, in which I mourned the death of our old laptop. Evan dumped an entire cup of milk onto the keyboard while I was watching October's Saturday afternoon conference on it.

Fast forward to yesterday (coincidentally, the day before October conference starts), and we have me bumping my glass of milk over right onto my one year old laptop keyboard. Yes, it's ironic isn't it. I immediately turned it upside down (to get the milk out of the keyboard) and turned it off. I mopped up the mess and left the laptop alone for an entire 24 hours to make sure it had dried out completely.

I spent the entire day yesterday sick over the whole thing. A year ago, the milk completely fried the computer and I had to pay the Geek Squad $160 to get all my stuff off the poor, fried hard drive. I can't run my photography business without my laptop.... and we can't afford to buy a new one right now. What was I going to do???

This morning, I turned it on while holding my breath, saying a prayer, and crossing my fingers and toes. It turned on!! Some of the keys were kind of stuck and others felt kind of crunchy when they were pressed, but it worked!!! And now it's all cleaned up and good as new (of course, ask me in a few weeks when it starts smelling like sour milk if it's good as new :). Thank heaven for small miracles!

This little fiasco did give me an excuse to take the boys out for some pictures last night, though, because I couldn't do any of the things I usually do in the evening..... digital scrapbooking, editing my photos, etc. (You didn't think I could do a blog post without pictures, did you? :)

10 02 019web

10 02 023web

10 02 028web

These are the cheesy kinds of smiles my kids give me lately:
Cheesy smile

Fake smile





And I can't let this post end before posting this little gem:

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I call it "Trust me, I'm a doctor."

Evan got these Pink Panther glasses in his Burger King kids meal yesterday (because we all know that when you're upset about something, such as a possibly fried laptop, you have to comfort yourself with greasy fast food) and Ben decided to steal them and try them out.

5 comments:

Meggan said...

I cannot believe the Conference Curse struck again! At least this time you were prepared for it. Your boys are looking so grown up. Love Ashers little blazer. Too cute. And Ben's glasses are totally classic bribe material...looks like a fun night, aside from all the spilled milk.

alanna said...

Sorry about your lappy Li!

Cute pictures.

Has anyone told you that Asher is pretty?

He is. Very.

Bec said...

You're hilarious! I'm a little nervous to get my back adjusted by that wacky, but I might try it... maybe. :) And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fall-esque pictures of your boys! I was going to comment that I love the sidewalk-walking ones the best, but then I saw the last ones. I especially love Asher's. Might be the jacket. Pimp.

Funny, funny post. Witty gal. :)

Bec said...

PS. I'm glad the laptop works- even if it smells bad. :) I'll just spray you down with Lysol when we have craft nights!

Anonymous said...

It's easy to see where those kids get their good looks with a hot papa like that!