Saturday, November 7, 2009

Using up that extra Halloween candy

I have eaten more than my fair share of the kids' halloween candy. Usually I don't give the kids much of it, but they've had a bit more than usual this year, too (although still not a lot). So, I figured it was time to think of a way to get rid of it.

I opened up a bunch of smarties (we have TONS of smarties) and let the kids glue them to a piece of paper. They really got into it! I even got brave enough to let them squeeze their own glue out (as opposed to telling me where to squeeze it for them), and they did really well! Not a single mess to clean up.

Work of art

Building a space ship

I love the looks of concentration on their little faces. :)

I was pretty impressed with Evan's finished product. It's a spaceship with stars around it.
11 07 032web

2 comments:

Aariel said...

I KNEW it was a spaceship! . . .or a sideways house. But spaceship was my first guess!

Bec said...

That's awesome... all of it. One, that you are a great enough mommy to let your boys do this. What fun! I'm pretty sure James wants to trade. Two, that you thought of a "healthy" alternative to actually eating the junk. And three, that your boys are so creative. Look at that spaceship! it totally looks like one. Way to go, Evan! :)