Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hello poor little neglected blog...

It's been a while since I posted, but honestly, things have not really been all that exciting around here.

Well, except for an incident where we thought someone was in our house at 4am, so we called 911, had the cops surrounding the house, and Ben standing at the top of the stairs with his gun... only to find out it was a smoke detector making some really strange sounds (and responding to our voices!). I didn't want to dedicate an entire post to it, though, because let's face it... it's a bit embarrassing to call the cops to your house over a smoke detector. It was quite a scary, adrenaline-filled night at the time, though.

I did have a lunch in Salt Lake with my Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, and uncle's new wife. That was a lot of fun... not only to catch up with everyone, but also to get out of Logan for the day! The second half of winter is always so hard for me and the kids because we're so sick of being stuck inside!

In other news, Evan is signed up for soccer and will be signed up for kindergarten in a couple weeks. I blinked and suddenly I'm going to be the stereotypical "soccer mom". Am I really old enough for that?? How did this happen??

Another bit of sad news: Ben has broken his third (fourth?) tooth in 3 years and will need yet ANOTHER root canal and crown. *sigh* He saw a dentist right before his mission who insisted that all his fillings needed to be drilled out and refilled which left him with not much tooth left on each of his molars. We probably have not seen the end of these broken teeth. :(

And I'll end with a bit of happier news... Evan is anxiously looking forward to his brithday party on Saturday! I will have tons of pictures, don't worry. :) He can't quite understand why tomorrow is his birthday, but his party is on Saturday. To him, "birthday"= "party" and he's not sure how they're different. I can't believe my little boy is going to be FIVE!

3 comments:

Bec said...

Wow. Crazy. You are so OLD! ;) Really, though, having a kid in school is going to be surreal. The 911 story is a good one- more so because it didn't happen to me. lol. And owie- sorry to hear about the pain (physical and financial) of a root canal/crown. Boo.

See you soon! Miss you.

Meggan said...

Happy Birthday to Evan! Tell Ben I feel his pain on the whole crown thing. I am so sorry for him. And you are not old enough to have a kindergartner. Sorry. Don't believe it. Have a great weekend!

alanna said...

Good to hear from you Li.

Happy Birthday to Evan. I can't believe he's getting so big. School and soccer? wow.

Sorry about Ben's teeth. I share his root canal woes.

And what a scary night! I don't care what the reason is behind the noise. That is freaky! I'm glad it turned out alright.

I hope you're having fun decorating your cute house. :)