Sunday, July 4, 2010

My happy place

Since I failed miserably with just a little bit of basil last year, I'm happy to say that we actually have stuff growing in our yard this year! A lot of stuff, actually. Just look at all this veggie goodness:

Cucumbers, squash,
07 04 001

peppers, carrots, spinach, basil,
07 04 002

more cucumbers, watermelon,
07 04 004

corn,
07 04 006

tomatoes, broccoli, more peppers, chives, and strawberries.
07 04 012

07 04 013web

07 04 015web

We planted almost everything ourselves and I'm so proud to see it all growing bigger and stronger. The chives and strawberries actually just grew by themselves and were a pleasant surprise.

We also have a ton of beautiful flowers that have grown all by themselves, too. There are lots of different kids, but my favorites are the lavender and the roses.

Lavender

07 04 002-1web

We even have stuff growing on some of our fruit trees. I'm excited to see which trees grow what. Some of you could probably tell what they will grow just by the look of the tree itself, but not me. It's all going to be a surprise. :)

07 04 032web

Yes, right now, our back yard is my happy place.

07 04 003-1web

3 comments:

Meggan said...

I am absolutely in love with your boxes. Look at all you've grown, and you don't even have to bend down to do it. Way to go woman!!!

Bec said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. It all looks so beautiful... and so yummy! :) Good work.

Joseph said...

When you're talking about the lavenders and the different kids of flowers.. I think you meant Kinds. Just Punch me later if I'm crampin' your 'style'