Friday, July 23, 2010

Yum!

Tonight, for dinner, I made a yummy veggie stir-fry using stuff from our garden: squash, broccoli, spinach and fresh basil. (I also used olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, which were not from the garden.) Not only was it YUMMY, but it was so satisfying to know that I grew most of it.

Yum!

As I was putting the broccoli in the frying pan, I noticed a caterpillar on on of the pieces and thought, "Whew! That was close. I almost stir-fried a caterpillar into my dinner!". Yeah, well... guess what I found when I sat down to eat my yummy concoction? Caterpillar #2.... good and cooked.

Luckily, I'm not bothered by stuff like that and was still able to enjoy my veggies, but I was definitely careful about inspecting each bite. :)

2 comments:

Bec said...

The recipe sounds delish... but I'm pretty sure I'd have tossed it. I AM bothered by stuff like that. Ew.

:)

Marty Jensen said...

Caterpillars in broccoli, . . . hmm, I was in a very nice restaurant once when my friend discovered a very large caterpillar in his broccoli, . . . I won't say what restaurant because it's one you know.