Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Blue Angels

On Thursday, I got a text from a friend (hi Alanna!) asking if we wanted to go watch the Blue Angels practice from 10 to noon. Unfortunately, we don't get going as early as we used to these days, so it was too late, but luckily there was another practice at 1:30, so I thought it would be a fun thing for the boys to see.

We packed up a lunch and headed to a park along the shore of Lake Washington to watch. Part of the time they were just kind of flying around (I overheard someone saying they had to fly around and pick out landmarks, etc.), but they did do a few stunts throughout the practice and the boys just loved it.


After this picture, Evan told me, "Mom, that's the best I can do for a smile because it's too sunny."
08 04 006web

I guess Asher felt the same way.
08 04 007web

08 04 011web

The plane is long gone in this one, but you can see the loop-the-loop it left behind.
08 04 015web

If you look close in this one, you can see that the plane is upside down!
08 04 016web

08 04 017web

3 comments:

Bec said...

What a fun outing! I actually love the loop-the-loop picture a ton! It's super cool!! And I love how old Evan is sounding lately. And sweet. :) What good kiddos you've got! And what lucky kiddos- to have a fun mom like you!!

Bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

I want to see the blue angels so bad! They had something scheduled out here a little while back, but had to cancel after some safety violations or something. Glad you got to see them practice!