Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our newest addition

Ben has been begging me to get a cat and I have been adamantly against it. I had just had a baby and our living arrangements were up in the air... It wasn't a good time. BUT now that I'm settling into a routine with Ellie and we just signed a new contract to stay in our apartment, I decided that it wouldn't be so bad to have a kitty around again.

I told Ben about two weeks ago that I thought we should get a cat. At first, he didn't believe me and thought I was mean for teasing him like that. Then, once he believed me, it took me a few days to convince him that there wasn't a catch.

And so, the search for the perfect cat began. Ben spent hours looking at cats on the websites of all the local adoption groups and we went to a couple animal shelters last weekend, but didn't find "the one". Finally, on Thursday, he found one he wanted and we went to pick her up.

So, meet the newest addition to our family:
11 13 011web

She's a two year old female and so far she's been super sweet. Ben hasn't decided on a name yet (apparently we have issues with that.... kids, pets, doesn't matter.)

11 13 002web

The boys love her, of course, and luckily, she doesn't seem to mind them either. We're all excited to have her as part of our family. :)

11 13 008web

1 comment:

Bec said...

She's pretty. Congrats on the new addition. :)