Monday, January 16, 2012

The Small Stuff

I have been wanting to do a 52 week project lately.

One photo a week for a year.

52 week projects can start any time, but I decided the new year was the perfect time to start, so that's what I did. I wanted to have some kind of theme, but I also wanted to keep it simple so that I would actually follow through. So, I decided to document my life as a mother right now. I want to capture small, candid, everyday moments. Things I don't want to forget when my days are no longer filled with sticky little fingers and knock-knock jokes that don't make any sense.

Week 1

The Small Stuff | Week 2

P.S. If anyone wants to join in the fun, I'd love it! I could always use a bit of extra motivation to keep going. You don't have to be a "good photographer", or have a nice camera. ;)

5 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oooh, I love it! What a great idea. K, I'm going to do the same. I definitely need to document the small moments more!

Madi said...

So fun! I think I'll join you as well :)

Bec said...

I want to do it!! But I don't even have a (non-dead) point-and-shoot! Maybe I'll join in once I get our new DSLR (eek!!). That is, assuming I ever decide on one... ;)

aubreyannie said...

what a lovely idea! especially the reason behond it. plus..your photo skills are amazing. i'm excited to see the moments you capture.

aubreyannie said...

p.s. i might "casually" join you in this project. i panic at commitment beyond all that i'm already doing {once a week doesn't sound bad though...sorry that i'm thinking aloud.} because i think it sounds like a beautiful thing to focus my attentions on.

but if i do it here and there does that still count or does it have to be all or nothing?