Sunday, April 8, 2012

Conference!

Yes, I'm a bit behind, but this week has been a crazy busy one for me! More on that later....

04 01 012web

I always look forward to conference weekend. What a wonderful blessing it is to listen to a living prophet of the Lord! I always feel uplifted and edified. This year we also had the added bonus of not having to get up and out the door for 8:30 church like we usually do!

Even the boys got into conference this year, with the help of some conference BINGO and jelly beans. :) We also constructed a tent to listen to conference in, after I told them about how people came to hear King Benjamin speak in the Book of Mormon.

04 01 007web

04 01 009web

They sat nicely through the entire Sunday morning session this year!

Some of my favorite quotes from conference:

"We are not diminished when someone else is blessed... We are not in a race. Be kind and be grateful that God is kind. It is a happy way to live." -Elder Holland, Sat. afternoon session

"Praying with children maybe be more important than any other example." -Ulisses Soares, Sat. afternoon

I always love Pres. Uchtdorf's talks. His Sunday morning talk was a good one:
-"When the Lord requires us to forgive all men, that includes ourselves."
-(And the one everyone on the internet is quoting right now...)"Don't judge me because I sin differently than you."
-"Put down your stones and be kind." (Referring to the scripture "He that is without sin, cast the 1st stone.")

"In this fast-paced life, do we ever pause for meditation?" "The race is not for the swift or strong. The prize goes to him who endures to the end." -Pres. Monson

For this one, I didn't have the exact quote, but just a note I jotted down:
"Gain a vision of ourselves as the Savior sees us and then act on it = blessings." -O. Vincent Haleck

"Wise parents prepare children to live without them." "We must act only by persuasion, long suffering, gentleness, meekness and love unfeigned." -Larry Y. Wilson

No comments: