Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Move

You may have noticed that I haven't been around lately. I'm a bit behind on my blogging, but that's because things have been pretty crazy around here for the past few weeks.

Our contract for our apartment was ending and we had decided to look for a place with more space for our family. We weren't finding anything we liked, so we decided to just stay in our apartment. When I went down to the office to let them know we were staying, they had already rented our apartment out!

We had two weeks to find somewhere to move to! We settled on another apartment complex about two blocks away. They had a three bedroom available, so we took it. I then spent the next two weeks packing and cleaning and stressing out. 



I'm so glad it's over!

I'm also so glad for all the help we received. Babysitting, cleaning, people keeping an eye out for places for rent. I was overwhelmed by how much everyone wanted us to stay in the area, and by all the support from our friends and neighbors.

Now we're all moved in. Mostly. There's still some unpacking to do, but it seems like the unpacking is never done. I'll admit that I'm a little bummed to be in yet another apartment, BUT I think it will be a good place for us. We are already loving the extra space.

Even the cat is loving the new place.... lots of big windows and wide window sills.  :)


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you stayed in the area! I need your new address, I've had a thank you for Evan sitting here for awhile now... :)

Brein said...

Moving is so hard! I don't know how your coming along, but we still have half of our stuff still packed in our dang garage! Good luck!!