Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer fun

Last week we had some really great summer weather. In fact, we were able to go swimming two days in a row!!

On Wednesday, we went to the local pool/mini water park with friends.

IMG_20120725_181756web

You can see it from the freeway by our house, so the boys have been begging me to take them ever since we moved here.  Evan was super excited that he was tall enough to go down the slides. There was also a little lazy river and a wave pool.

IMG_20120725_181847web

Ellie loved it. She splashed away in the kiddie pool and laughed her cute little fake laugh all the way around the lazy river. She played until she was freezing cold and then she just wanted to sit in her towel and eat pretzels.

IMG_20120725_181803web

The next day, we got together for a beach day with our friends from the other side of the sound. It was fun to see them again and a beautiful day for the beach! Ellie LOVED the sand. It kept her busy almost the whole time, which is impressive considering her short one-year-old attention span!

07 26 007web

07 26 008web

07 26 019web

I was glued to Ellie's side pretty much the whole time, so I didn't get many pictures of the boys. If I turned my back for a second, she was either running straight for the water or shoveling sand into her mouth as fast as she could. I did sneak away for just a minute to snap a few shots of my busy boys, though. They had so much fun digging in the sand and wading around in the water.

07 26 010web

07 26 013web

07 26 011web

It was so nice to soak up some sun for a couple of days. I hope we get to enjoy a few more days of summer weather before fall gets here!

2 comments:

alanna said...

That was super fun Li. Thanks for having us come along. I wish I had taken more pictures...
We should meet for a hike through Ikea soon. I haven't been there in a long while. :)

Kelly said...

Call us next time!