Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's a.......

GIRL!

Anyone who reads this blog probably already knows, but we're super excited that baby #4 is going to be a little girl! We would have been thrilled with either gender, of course, but Ben and I were both kinda hoping for a girl... just a little, tiny bit. It's just so perfect that the boys have each other and now Ellie will have a little friend, too. Besides, all the baby girl stuff is nice and handy already. ;)

We had the ultrasound on July 25th, two days before we left for our big summer trip. There was NO WAY I was waiting an extra two weeks to take a peek at the little bean. I'm just not that patient. It was so fun to take a peek and see that the baby is healthy and perfect and measuring within one day of the due date.

JENSENLIS20130725135736147

The boys were there for Ellie's ultrasound and loved it, so we brought them along for this one, too. The ultrasound tech was awesome and so patient with all the boys' questions. She would show them whatever they asked to see and measure whatever they asked her to measure. It was the longest of all my ultrasounds because she really took her time and showed us everything while she explained it.

JENSENLIS20130725134327301

JENSENLIS20130725135422854

Because we were keeping the gender a secret from the boys until we revealed it to our whole family, I had to wait all the way until the very end of the ultrasound to find it out. The suspense was killing me! Ben took the boys out at the end and the doctor showed me the telltale shot. It was nice and clear and even I could tell it was a girl before she told me. 

Her little profile already reminds me of my other babies.

JENSENLIS20130725133916005

The belly two days before the ultrasound:

IMG_0297

Now, let the planning and projects begin! :)