Saturday, July 13, 2013

Frenchfries and the International District

I have hardly picked up my camera in the past few months. I blame it on the pregnancy, and especially the morning sickness, but I've just had no desire an no creative spark.

The last few days, though, I've had the photography itch... just a little bit. Today it was enough that I felt like carrying my camera around all day. Luckily, it turned out to be a somewhat eventful day to document.

We started with some Carls Jr. for lunch in honor of National Fench Fries Day. We took it to the park and had a little picnic.

07 13 3web

After that, we decided to go visit Ben at his booth at the Dragon Festival in the International District (aka: Chinatown).

 07 13 26web

We got there just in time to hear the Blue Thunder, which is the drum line for the Seattle Seahawks. They always put on a pretty good show.

07 13 19web

07 13 23web

After that, we wandered around a little to see what we could see. We were a little disappointed that there were no snow cones. What kind of summer fair doesn't have snow cones??

07 13 29web

We came across an obstacle course, which the kids had fun doing.

07 13 32web

07 13 36web

07 13 39web

07 13 40web

07 13 43web

07 13 47web

After we got home, we decided to spend a bit of time in the pool before dinner. This was a really big deal because we've been waiting since the end of May (when MOST pools open) for the pool in our apartment complex to open! After being told "probably next weekend" for six weeks, that darn pool FINALLY opened this weekend. The kids were pretty excited. I didn't dare take my big camera down to the pool, but here's a phone pic of my happy boys (the sun was in their eyes. lol).

IMG_0277

It was really nice to get the ol' camera out again. Maybe there will be pictures on the blog more often again. ;)




No comments: