Ben gave Aria her name and a blessing on Sunday, March 3rd. We were a little sad not to be able to do it at a time and place where family could be there, but it was a beautiful blessing and we were happy to share it with our ward family.
I agonized over the blessing dress. I made Ellie's dress and felt guilty that I wasn't making one for Aria, too. I would have used the same one, but (being the inexperienced sewer that I am), I made the head hole too small for Ellie and we ended up cutting it off of her after the blessing! I finally found a cute white dress to buy and hopefully some day Aria won't feel bad that I didn't make it. I did make her a headband, which I didn't do for Ellie... does that make it even? ;)
Aria was ready for a nap when it came time for the blessing, so I was worried that she would fuss through the whole thing, but she didn't. She was perfect!
Anyway, here are a few pictures of our sweet girl on her special day. She was tired and not feeling very smiley right before church, but I didn't want to wait and risk having the dress ruined with spitup (or something worse)!







No comments:
Post a Comment