Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekly Recap

I've decided to try doing a weekly recap of what we've been up to every week. I'm hoping it will help me to not get behind in blogging, but I'm also hoping that it will help me to blog more of the every day stuff that we're up to. We'll see how it works out!

So, this past week....

Ben and I went on a date to a stake marriage conference. It was full of good info and it was really nice for us to get out on a date! I'm sure lucky to have snagged this one. ;)

 IMG_0932web

IMG_0933web

We had some really great (warm!) weather this week, so we made it a point to get out of the house a bit.

IMG_0957web

Aria was unimpressed by the glorious sunshine.

IMG_0946web

The blossoms have even come out this week!

IMG_0941web

I must have gotten a bit of the spring cleaning fever because I suddenly decided to reorganize my entire kitchen the other day!

IMG_0943web

Because the weather was so nice, we made a spur of the moment decision to visit the zoo this week.

IMG_0939web

Evan loooooooves wolves and was really excited to see these guys out and about.

IMG_0959webIn s

Hiding in a cave at the penguin exhibit. (Asher insisted I take their picture.)

IMG_0960web

Peacock!

IMG_0958web

In school this week, Evan is reading Alice In Wonderland and Asher is reading Clara and the Bookwagon. We are learning about the fall of ancient Rome in history, and in science, we've been learning about measuring length, volume, weight and mass. The boys "raced" blocks of ice in the tub (on huge, one small) to feel the difference in mass.

IMG_0949web

Even Ellie got in on the measuring action. She came up to me like this and said, "Mom, how tall I am? 30 seconds?"

IMG_0948web

Evan picked out a game to buy this week and chose Monopoly. I hadn't played Monopoly since I was a kid! The boys sure got into it and our game lasted two days!

IMG_0955web

Those are the highlights for this past week! There are a few things about Aria that I didn't include, but I'm hoping to do a "3 months" post for her, so you'll see them soon (hopefully).

No comments: