This is the time of year when I take TONS of pictures, but don't have time to go through them and process them! I'm way behind, but I'll share a few and come back later with more! :)
On Wednesday, we made cookies for Santa. I tried a sugar cookie recipe from Pioneer Woman and they turned out so yummy! I really recommend this recipe if you still haven't found your favorite sugar cookies.
Cutting them out:

With this recipe, you paint the cookies with an egg yolk glaze instead of frosting them. It's fun because you can make all different colors. Well, I thought we had food coloring, but we didn't! So ours are boring yellow, but the kids still had fun painting anyway.
I love the looks of concentration on their little faces. :)


Since we didn't have colored glaze, we did sprinkles instead.

Finished cookies!

The boys admiring their handywork:


You might notice Asher's watery red eye in that pic.... We've had quite the string of sickness here at our house, just in time for Christmas. In my last post, I mentioned that Evan and I were sick. Asher and Ben were sick shortly after that, and (as if that wasn't enough), Asher also came down with pink eye.
Poor baby.

He's been a trooper, though, and Christmas was still lots of fun. We weren't able to go visit my parents because of his pink eye, which we're really bummed about, but other than that, we were still able to have a really nice Christmas. More pictures to come, of course! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment