We started 2009 fresh out of grad school, living with Ben's parents, not knowing where we were going to set up our practice. Our plans for Hawaii had fallen through only weeks before and so we had no idea where life was going to take us.
One year later, we have a successful chiropractic practice that, after only being open for 8 months, makes enough money to cover it's costs (including our paycheck) with a bit left over. Ben will probably be embarrassed that I said that, but I can't help but mention it because I'm so proud of all the hard work he's done this year. He's been ambitious, confident, hard working and just plain amazing.
This year has also blessed us with our health, the opportunity to get closer to our extended family, the start of my photography business, good Logan friends, Evan starting preschool, Asher being potty trained, Ben's new fish tank hobby, my calling in the Young Women's program, Evan learning to tie his shoes and ride his bike without training wheels, Asher learning his ABC's and how to count to 13... and much, much more.
We have been SO blessed this year. I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us, guides us, and answers our prayers. We are looking forward to another great year in 2010!
And of course I have pictures from New Year's Eve. :) We went down to Layton to spend the evening with friends. We played games, ate junk food, and had a great time.
We spend part of the evening playing rock band:

Evan was so funny rocking out on the guitar. He got totally into it, dancing around and acting like a rock star. I wish I had gotten a better picture, but I was too slow.

Dog pile on Ben:

Happy New Year, everyone!!



2 comments:
Sounds exciting! I'm so glad everything is going well for you and your family! Happy New Year!
Come on, now. I know that by "good Logan friends" you mean "Becca." :) jk. It's impressive- all that you've accomplished in just one year! Our year was much less ambitious. :) Either way, though, Happy New Year! And we're grateful for you, too. (wink)
Post a Comment