Friday, January 22, 2010

In a house full of boys...

If someone were to pass by our house on any given day, they might get a bit of a laugh at the words they hear drifting through the windows. Sometimes I have to stop and shake my head and wonder if I ever would have thought I'd be saying some of the things I do. Most of these words of wisdom are entirely due to the fact that I live in a house full of boys.

So, here are some of the very boy-ish things that have been spoken in our house in the past few months... some of them straight form my own mouth and others that I've overheard:

"Stop shooting lasers at your brother!"


"Mom, how do you spell 'truck'? (I spell it.) How do you spell 'car'? (I spell that, too.) How do you spell 'Voltron, defender of the universe'?"


"Get your head out of the toilet!"


"Dude, you're almost good at playing basketball!" (Evan said this to Asher)


"Let's fight, Evan!"
"My name is 'Fighter', remember?"
"Let's fight, Fighter!"


"My super powers made me do it."


Evan, after passing gas: "Did you hear those barking spiders?"
(This one he gets from his father, who got it from his father, so I guess it's good we're passing on the fatherly wisdom here.)


The favorite thing I've overheard, though, is this exchange between my boys at naptime today:

"Goodnight, Evan."
"Goodnight, Asher. [pause] I love you, Asher."
"I love you too, Evan."

Just about melts my heart.... and makes all the boy-ish stuff bearable. :)

2 comments:

Meggan said...

You make me laugh. Made me cry. (Just a little tear.) Such sweet boys, with such personality.

Bec said...

That's hilarious. How do you spell 'Voltron, defender of the universe?' :) That's my favorite one, I think. And that last one... definitely makes it all worth it!