Evan was SO excited to pick out a present for Asher this year. He picked a transformer that turns into a forklift. Asher loves it, but I think Evan has played with it more than Asher has. ;)

He also got an Iron Man figurine (which he asked for)...

...a firetruck (which he also asked for)...

...and some roller skates.

I was a little worried he wouldn't be excited about the skates because I don't think he's ever seen anyone roller skate before, but he wanted to open them right up and try them out! He calls them "ice skaters". :)


He also got the helmet for his birthday and insisted that the reflectors (which go on the back) were actually goggles. Silly boy. :)

When we were putting the boys to bed, Asher said he had a good birthday, so I guess it was all a success.
Sunday was the really crazy day. We planned Asher's birthday party on Sunday, not remembering that it was Easter! Needless to say, Sunday was full of excitement.
We woke up in the morning to find that the Easter bunny had come. The boys had fun hunting for the plastic Easter eggs with jelly beans in them that the Easter bunny had hidden.


They also had fun with these little footballs that came in their Easter baskets.

We spent the rest of the morning and afternoon watching conference and getting ready for the party. Around 4:30, my parents and siblings arrived to wish Asher a happy birthday. We had fun hanging out and watching Asher open his presents from Grandma and Grandpa.

After enjoying a yummy Easter dinner, it was time for the party! It's always fun to have everyone over... the adults sit and chat while the kids run around and play. We did the usual "blow out the candles and open presents" thing, too.


I'd never had strawberry cake before, but that's what Asher chose, so I made it. It was so yummy! Maybe even better than chocolate.
Maybe. :)

(Asher decided on a basketball theme and I was grateful because these cupcakes were WAY easier than that darn pirate ship cake! LOL)
By the time the party was over on Sunday, I was ready to crash into bed! It was such a fun day, though, and Asher had a blast.



1 comment:
That looks like an awesome day Li! Happy Easter/Birthday weekend!
Post a Comment