Saturday, April 3, 2010

My baby is three

Right about this time in the afternoon, three years ago, Ben was taking me to the hospital to add baby #2 to our family. Asher was so different from Evan from the very beginning, starting with the easy labor and delivery. By 6:30pm, I was holding this handsome little guy in my arms:
Photobucket

We all loved him right from the start. Even Evan, who was a little bit unsure about the new addition, liked to hold him and give him kisses.
Photobucket

I used to call Asher my "angel baby" because he was just. so. good. This little guy was always happy to just sit back, relax, and watch the world go by. He'd sit in his swing watching what was going on in the house, or in the boppy on the couch looking out the window for hours until he fell asleep.

Photobucket

He's always had a really mellow personality. He didn't crawl until about 9 months and he was content with crawling until about 14 months, when he finally started to walk.
Photobucket


Asher has always been happy, smiley, and giggly. He has so much personality and I love the way all of his emotions can be read clearly in his eyes. He's my little snuggle bug, too. He LOVES to hug and kiss and snuggle.
My little man

I'm amazed all the time at how smart Asher is. We were sitting in the hall listening to Evan's kindergarten evaluation and Asher was answering a lot of the questions correctly. He knows most of his letters and what sounds a lot of them make.

Mischief

Asher loves playing outside, fire trucks, riding his bike, music, pretending to play the drums, books, and helping mommy do chores. (Every time he says he wants to do fun things, I say, "Like What?" and he says, "Like vacuuming, doing the dishes, laundry....") He's a special little part of our family and we love him to pieces!
03 20 035web

Happy birthday, Bug!

4 comments:

Brein said...

He really is such a sweet heart! I could just eat him up and Doug always threatens to keep him. He is an absolute doll! Happy birthday big guy!!

Bec said...

We love you, Asher! You're such a good boy and a fantastic friend. Happy Birthday! I hope you get really COOL presents. :)

Meggan said...

Happy Birthday Asher! What a cutie!

alanna said...

Happy Birthday Asher!
I still remember the night you came to my house to borrow my birthing ball while you were trying to induce labor by walking around the trailer park! Seems like yesterday.
Handsome little guy!