Miss Cowgirl doing her thing:


Walking her horse to the front after accepting her ribbon:

After watching Jenna, we hung around and "experienced the fair" (as my mom put it). We started with lunch, which was unhealthy but yummy, of course (I dare you to find anything to eat at the fair that's not pure sugar or deep fried). Well, all except for my brother Thomas. When he looked down at his burger and realized there was a doughnut in the place of the bun, he was a bit shocked. Not surprisingly, he ate it anyway. That kid is always hungry.
After lunch, we walked around a bit and looked at all the animals and read some fun facts about them. Did you know that chickens have earlobes? Well, I didn't either, but they do. And if they're white, it means the chicken will lay eggs with white shells and if they're red, the chicken will lay eggs with colored shells.
You learn something new every day.
After browsing the photography entries (of course) and a quick trip to the bathroom, we were ready for the rides! Grandpa took the kids on the ferris wheel. Well, all the kids except Asher. He said it would be too scary, so he hung out with us down below.

Then Ben and I rode "The Viper" with my mom and brothers. It was really fun, but I may or may not have screamed "I'm too old for these kinds of rides!" at some point. I was also a bit nervous about our creaking seats and had visions of us breaking off and spending the last moments of our lives flying out over the fair.
But it was fun. :)
After that, we went in search of something Asher could ride. He chose the kiddie train and loved it. I have no pictures because I couldn't really see him very well inside the train car.
Then it was Evan and Jenna on the swing ride:

And then all the kids went on the dragon roller coaster to round out the afternoon.
Kylee and Asher were super excited to hold their own tickets:

Waiting to go:


Oh so fun!

It was a really fun day with the family (thanks Mom and Dad!) and the kids were both nice and worn out for the drive home. :)



2 comments:
What fun! Your pictures are gorgeous, btw! The colors are so vibrant. I love it. And yay for worn out kids! :)
I love these pictures! Looks like such a fun time!
Post a Comment