Monday, September 10, 2012

Family Pictures!

The most recent picture of our whole family that I have framed for the wall is one of the family pictures I took three years ago. THREE years ago! Just for reference, here is what we looked like three years ago:

10 12 015web

Not a single one of us looks like this any more (unfortunately). There's also that little detail of our sweet little Ellie not being around yet.

We did have a beautiful lifestyle session done right after Ellie was born and I LOVE those photos of us..... but I'd like to meet the woman who would hang a large picture of herself one month postpartum in the living room, because I don't think she exists. If she does, she doesn't get as chubby as I do when she has her babies. 

It was definitely time to try for a new family photo.

We headed over to the Ballard Locks on Saturday where my friend Lori took some pictures for us. Ellie was a little stinker and only lasted about 20 minutes, but I love what we were able to get! I was also glad to get some pictures of me and each of the kids together... it's so rare for me get in front of the lens with them.

Lori let me take the pictures home and edit them myself, so I've been going through them the last couple of days and picking out my favorites. Here are some of them!


09 08 255web

09 08 24web

09 08 187web

09 08 302web

These silly boys came up with this pose themselves. :) 09 08 329web

09 08 175web

09 08 370web

09 08 163web

09 08 128web

Looking at airplanes. 09 08 59web

09 08 83web

09 08 291web

09 08 235web

09 08 404web

09 08 496web

09 08 510web

8 comments:

Lori said...

So fun! Oh my, your last family picture was definitely outdated! I do love how young and sweet your little boys look though.
You did a great job with the pics, it was a fun shoot at a great location. You're just such a cute family, I can't get over it!

Meggan said...

Beautiful! These pics make me miss you guys so much! And I want to snuggle your ellie. I think her and I would be great friends. We'd get in all sorts of trouble together...Sniff.

shilo said...

Love, love, love! So beautiful! That old picture is how I still remember you guys in my head. 3 years, really? Time flies...

Unknown said...

These all turned out so cute. I love you in yellow. Now you have to decide which photo is getting blown up to go on your wall. That would be a hard choice they are all so good. Darling family!

Brianne said...

Love, love, love! You and Lori did a great job. I'm impressed with how well your boys smiled!

Madi said...

Oh I LOVE these!!! I had some lifestyle done right after Nix as well and there is no way I'd hang any of myself up :)

Bec said...

I love these! What a beautiful family, and what great photos to boot!

alanna said...

These are awesome Li! You all look fabulous. I love your color scheme too. :)