Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kindergarten!

Asher had his very first day of kindergarten today!

09 04 14web

He told me last night that he was excited and a little bit nervous. He did a great job, though! We are close enough to walk to school and the weather was nice today, so that's what we did.

09 04 8web
(Evan's new thing is looking evil in pictures... in case you couldn't tell.)

Showing off his backpack:

09 04 16web

Walking into school.

09 04 17web

Outside his class room:

09 04 20web

Immediately after I snapped this picture, he turned and walked through the door of his class room. No hug, no "bye Mom". *sniff*

When I picked him up after school, the first thing he said was, "I didn't get detention!!" :) He was excited that he got to do the monkey bars at recess and he made friends with the little boy sitting at the desk next to him.

I can't believe my little Asher is old enough for kindergarten, but I think he's going to have a great year!

3 comments:

Bec said...

His backpack is bigger than he is! :) I cannot believe our little boys are big enough for kindergarten. They should start school at eight instead of five... Let's make a petition. :) I'm so glad he did well in school and made a new friend... and didn't get detention! lol. Silly boy. So exciting. We miss you guys!

Brianne said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad he didn't get detention :-).

Lori said...

Oh, he's SO cute! I love his over-sized jacket and backpack. Both of your boys are in grade school, eek!!! I imagine addie will be the same way when she goes to school and not give me any sentimental moments. She was already that way for preschool. Not that I need her to cry and beg for me... but a little sign of attachment would be appreciated, lol.