Thursday, April 4, 2013

Asher is SIX!

I totally dropped the ball on writing a birthday post for Asher yesterday. Hopefully he won't look back at this blog years from now and feel gypped (because both boys are going to treasure the words on this blog for years and years to come, right? Right.).

Oh, Asher. What a joy that little boy is. He is a sweet, sensitive, caring, snuggling, loving little guy. I'm so glad he arrived in our family six years ago. From the very beginning, has has been a mellow little guy.... easy to please, easy to love. He's so smart and I'm amazed and proud that he's confident enough to be his own little personality in the shadow of his big brother. He loves to try to make people laugh and he's always willing to do me a favor. I can also always count on him for a hug or a kiss. :)

IMG_0178web

We've decided that the kids will only have birthday parties every other year, so this year it was just a family celebration. Asher decided that he wanted to go swimming for his birthday (really, I think he's just excited that he's old enough to go in the hot tub now). We've decided to do that on Saturday when Ben can come with us, so last night we went out to eat and then had cake and presents at home. Asher chose Red Robin for dinner and they sang to him and gave him ice cream, so he felt pretty special.

(Funny story: Originally, we were going to have dinner at home and when I told Asher he could have anything he wanted for dinner, he told me he wanted hot dogs, carrots, and apple sauce. At least he's easy to please!)

He was so sweet opening his presents. He was excited about everything and at the end he exclaimed, "Thank you guys SO MUCH!"

04 03 4web

04 03 2web

Talking to Grandma.
04 03 1web

Even the cake (which had no decorations except for sprinkles, by the way) was exciting!
04 03 11web

04 03 14web

Happy birthday, little man! We sure love you!

1 comment:

Madi said...

He is such a beautiful boy! How lucky we all are to have him in our family :) Happy Birthday Asher!! xoxo