Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hooray for the Geek Squad!

Well, our laptop is fried beyond repair. I was a little worried when I took it to Circuit City to see if they could rescue my files and they weren't able to do anything! I left it with the Geek Squad at Best Buy and yesterday morning, they called to tell me that they had recovered all 21 gigs of our stuff off the laptop! Yay! Too bad it cost us $160 bucks. Ouch!

What I've learned from this experience:
1) Back up your files!!!!
2) If we ever get another laptop, Evan will not be allowed within a 5 foot radius while he has any kind of liquid in his possession.
3)I was more dependant on that laptop than I realized.
4)I think Ben and I may need to buy another laptop if we want our marriage to last. (Kidding of course, but it's kind of annoying for both of us to have to share the computer.)

1 comment:

pandamommy76 said...

I understand about the whole frying of the computer - We were able to get a huge chunk of files off ourselves and now someone in town that John knows is trying to recover the rest! (Plus, I actually remembered to backup on CD our pictures in February! THank Goodness!) In the meantime, we are backing up stuff like nothing else! We bought 2 terabyte hard drives and 1 went into a hard casing and is now our backup drive!! Thanks for the help with the background! I decided to be daring and choose one that I will HAVE to change soon, so I saved your email with the directions for future use! Good Luck moving! When are you guys heading out?