Monday, October 13, 2008

Yes Man.

Evan has started talking back to us a lot and saying "no" when we tell him to do (or not to do) something. Two nights ago, we talked with him at dinner about how this was not ok. Ben told him that when we ask him to do something, he is supposed to say "Yes, sir" to daddy or "Yes ma'm" to me. Despite practicing several times, Evan kept saying "Yes man."

Here was our conversation today:

Me: "Evan, can you put that on the counter?"
Evan: "Yes, man." (I was surprised he actually said that all on his own!)
Me: "Oh, thank you for saying 'yes, ma'm'!"
Evan: "Thank you, man!"

What a nut.

3 comments:

Heather M said...

I think that is so cute, I always feel so old when someone calls me ma'm". What an awesome dad they have to teach them to be so proper and polite.

alanna said...

lol. That's hilarious Li. I love those short little funny conversations!

Unknown said...

That is too cute!!