Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thankful

Sorry about the lack of blogging, but I've been sick for the last three days. We're talking can't get off the couch sick. :( So what do I have to be thankful for right now?

1. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who's been helping me out with the kids. After I spent the night puking my guts out Saturday night/Sunday morning, Ben took both boys to church with him and I didn't even have to ask! (Usually if one of stays home sick, we keep one of the boys home, too, so that sacrament meeting is more bearable for the one who goes.) Yesterday, I was actually feeling somewhat functional, and he took the boys to the park while I got my hair done (back to brown... pictures to come!). Today I was back to non-functional, and when Ben came home from work, he bathed the kids and got them into bed. This is even more significant because a.)today was his long day at work....he doesn't get off work until 7 on Tuesdays, and b.) tonight was game night. What a great guy! I'm so thankful he's been willing to help me out so much.

2. I'm also thankful for my wonderful friend, Becca, who came over to feed my boys dinner tonight. I spent the day worrying what I was going to do about making them dinner because I could barely get off the couch long enough to make them a pbj sandwich for lunch, so Becca was a lifesaver! She even brought me Ginger Ale and did my dishes and took my boys outside to play after dinner. I seriously don't know what I would have done without her today! Thank you, Becca! :)

I'm REALLY hoping that I'll be functional again tomorrow. Maybe if I get my house back in order, I will have a little time for blog catch-up!

4 comments:

Bec said...

You're welcome. That's what friends are for, right? :) And I also hope you're feeling better today. PS. The brown hair (or re-brown hair, I guess) looks GREAT! If only I looked so good while sick...

Feel better soon.

Brein said...

I'm so sorry your sick! Prego? :)

Anonymous said...

hell no...

-Ben

Brein said...

Well hello MR. enthusiastic! I'm sorry but you really do make adorable children and Li could always use another muse. But I guess it's up to you two... for some reason. ;)