Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sprinklers

The other night, the kids were playing nicely in the backyard right before bedtime when suddenly, I heard the sprinklers come on. This is the first time they've come on since we've lived here. I immediately heard Evan crying and saw him running for the back door. Asher was SHRIEKING.... seriously screaming bloody murder and running like he was being chased by monsters or something.

After some hugs and reassurances, I convinced them to go play in the sprinklers. Mostly they just stood right by the back door and stuck their feet in the nearest one. They were both having fun in no time.

You'd nevedr know....

Evan was even brave enough to go run through them once.
Running through the sprinklers

At least they ended up having fun. I would hate to have my kids terrified of sprinklers for the rest of their lives.

1 comment:

Brein said...

LOL!!!! Hilarious! I laughed so hard when I read that.