The second week of November was my week to teach preschool. I'm always kind of stressed when it's my week, but this was even worse because I was in charge of our Christmas program at the nursing home. Have you ever tried to get a group of preschoolers to act out the nativity?? It actually went really well and the kids did such a good job. I don't have any pictures because I was busy with the program, but they were so cute. :)
We've also been getting a lot of snow and the boys had been begging me to go out and build a snowman. There are some impressively huge ones around our neighborhood and every time we'd see one, they'd beg me to help them make one. On Monday, we finally did. It's not impressively huge, but we were proud of it. :) Evan named it Jack.


(Yes, Evan has tape around the bottom of his snow pants. I know it's ghetto, but it's the only way to keep the snow out!)
On Thursday, Evan had his preschool Christmas party. They acted out the nativity again and sang some songs. Asher was excited to get to be a part of the play, too.

Evan's preschool class: James, Evan, Meile, Samuel

The kids each got a "Super Service Award" for doing nice things in preschool this month. Evan was very proud of his.

On Friday night, I had my book club Christmas party and it was really fun! I was definitely overdue for a girls' night out!
Unfortunately, the rest of that night, Evan and I were both sick. Evan was fine by about 8:00 on Saturday morning, but it took me until about 4:00 to be able to get off the couch. We think it might have been something we ate because Ben and Asher are fine, and once Evan and I got feeling better, we were totally fine, too. (There was some cinnamon bread that Asher and Ben didn't like... maybe that was the culprit.)
On Saturday night, we had a Christmas party with Ben's family. Ben was going to just take the boys, but I decided to go at the last minute because I was feeling pretty good. As long as I sat down most of the time, I was ok. I'm glad I went because it was a good time with the family.
Last, but not least, a picture of Evan all dressed up in his cowboy gear. He got this hat from uncle William at the party last night and couldn't wait to be a cowboy today:

His mean cowboy face:

And that's what we've been up to! I'm still really enjoying the holiday season and the excitement of my boys. This week we are going to finish up presents (mostly wrapping) and bake some cookies for Santa. I did all my grocery shopping for the week on Friday (so I wouldn't have to go to the store this week) and I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that for tomorrow! :)



2 comments:
You still look so young, too young to be a mother of two.
Your boys are so cute.
I LOVE the tape.
How fun! I love the snowman (or should I say, "Jack"), and I'm so glad you're feeling better. Darned cinnamon bread! Merry (almost) Christmas!
Post a Comment