Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Such a welcome sight!

These little buds pushed themselves up out of the ground a couple of days ago, and now they're in full bloom. It makes me SO happy to see them! Yay for spring!

A welcome sight

spring?

I'm so excited to live in a house with a garden and tons of flower beds! I know it's going to be a lot of work, so we'll see if I'm singing the same tune by the end of the summer (or the beginning of the summer for that matter. Ha!), but I went out and cleared all the dead stuff out of the front yard and trimmed the cute ivy growing on our house and under all that gunk were more newly growing things. They look like tulips, which makes me really happy. I love tulips.

We went to Lowes for family night last night and bought a bunch of seeds for our garden. I'm starting a few of them inside and planted them today. I don't have a great track record for growing things, so send some good green-thumb vibes my way if you've got any! :)

Seeds

3 comments:

Ben and Rainee In Alaska said...

yay for spring!! I am so looking forward to flowers up here, for now I get to watch the water drip from our eaves and the beautiful sunshine!!!

Bec said...

Hooray for spring!! I'm also super excited... though as fun as gardens are, I'm not sure I'm ready to get to it just yet. Probably should though. Dang. :)

alanna said...

Beautiful pictures!

Good luck!