Monday, April 5, 2010

A few of my favorite tidbits from conference

I loved conference this weekend! Despite the fact that I was crazy busy with birthday and Easter stuff, I actually got to watch 3 of the 4 sessions, and I thought the talks were all wonderful. Here are a few of my favorite bits:

Pretty much ALL of Julie B. Beck's talk! Hers was probably my favorite of the whole conference:
*No woman has time to do all the worthy things she wants to do in a day. (That made me feel better! LOL) Personal revelation will help us prioritize.
*When we have done our best, we will still experience disappointments, but we will not be disappointed in ourselves.

Hope, happiness and joy are not a product of circumstance, but of faith in the Lord. ~Wilford W. Anderson

Never let an earthly circumstance disable you spiritually. ~Donald L. Hallstrom

How we disagree is a measure of who we are and how we follow the Savior.... It is ok to disagree, but not to be disagreeable. ~Quentin L. Cook

To understand the meaning of death, we must appreciate the purpose of life. ~Pres. Thomas S. Monson

A distraction doesn't have to be evil to be effective. ~Bradley D. Foster

Many blessings are missed because worldly judgment was used in a spiritual situation. ~Gregory Schwitzer

2 comments:

Aariel said...

That conference talk by Elder Foster about the cows was one of my favorites! In fact when they showed a picture of the mama and baby cow trotting along I may have teared up a bit...because they looked like they were having fun.

Kristofor wouldn't let me live it down. Crying at a picture of cows. Pretty sad.

Aariel said...

p.s. is there a way for me to get a button of your guys' businesses for my blog? Not that I get a lot of traffic, but still.

Lert me know!