We've moved to Seattle!
This whole thing happened rather quickly, so needless to say, things have been pretty crazy around here. It all started with a great job opportunity that Ben noticed online, so he responded and got an interview. Since we were going to be making the trip up to Seattle for one interview, Ben set up a few others, just because. We made the drive up here, stayed with our good friends, the Franklins, and Ben spent two days driving all over the Seattle area meeting with other chiropractors. We came home from our whirlwind trip with 4 job offers!
After a lot of discussion and prayer, we decided that one of the offers was just too great to pass up and we accepted the job... and they wanted us up here asap! We quickly went into action preparing for the move. The biggest obstacle was going to be what to do with our practice. Ben put it up for sale just to see what would happen and we had the interest of several doctors in the first day of it's listing. It only took us two weeks to have the papers signed and the new doctor in the office learning the ropes.
A week later, we were loading up the truck ready to go! We had the help of some wonderful friends, family and neighbors... packing, cleaning and watching the kids for us. I can not even express how grateful I am for all the help we received. Really, we would not have been able to do it all on our own.
We left Logan early in the morning this past Saturday and made the whole 13 hour drive in one day. Ben drove the truck while I drove the van. The boys got to take turns riding in the truck with Daddy. (The idea to split them up for the entire drive was pure genius!)
This was pretty much my view for the entire trip:

Well, the back of the moving van anyway.... we had to say goodbye to the gorgeous snow-covered mountains pretty early in the trip. *sniff, sniff*
When we arrived at our new apartment around 8 pm, we were greeted by 7 or 8 ward members who quickly unloaded the truck for us. We got the beds set up and then crashed for a much needed night of sleep.
Our apartment is nice, as is the apartment complex (the kids are excited about the pool and the playground in the complex. I'm excited about the exercise room.) The town we live in is called Renton and the area of Renton where our apartment is (the eastern part) seems pretty nice. We are grateful for that, since you never know what you'll get with picking an apartment online!

Evan had his first day of school today and seemed to like it. He goes to Honey Dew Elementary, which is all kindergartners. Next year, for first grade, he will switch over to the regular elementary school. He told me this morning before school that he misses his old school, but after he went to his new class, he seemed a bit more enthusiastic about it.
Now, the big chore is the unpacking. I am slowly making my way through all the boxes. I'm driven by the frustration of not being able to find anything, combined with the desire to decorate these blank white walls. :) I'm sure I'll post some pictures of our new place once I get all unpacked. For now, here's a teaser... the current view from the couch:

I've got a long way to go! :)
I have several things to catch up on... our trip to Seattle a few weeks ago and Evan's birthday, just to name a couple. I'm hoping I'll have more blogging time now that I'm not working (yay!!). Once we get unpacked and settled in, anyway.



2 comments:
How exciting! Congratulations! And what a whirlwind--wow, it all happened so fast! I'm so happy for you guys.
Are you looking to stay in the apartment for a while, or do you think you're going to start looking for a house in the near future?
Whirlwind is right! Sheesh! We miss you already but are excited for your new adventure! Your new place looks promising... can't wait to see it unpacked and glorious! :) Good luck. Looks like you might need it. ;)
Post a Comment