Saturday, October 15, 2011

Stuff I've made lately

I've had the crafting bug lately and have been having fun working on a few projects when I get a minute. I love how some of them turned out, so I thought I'd share. :)

...Blessing Dress...

Last month, I made Ellie's blessing dress. I used an old skirt that I don't wear anymore (it had a stain on the side) and used one of Ellie's dresses as a pattern.

09 05 069web

I was a little worried about how it would turn out, but I figured if it was hideous I could just go buy one. I was pretty pleased with the end result, though.

09 07 064web

09 07 061web

...Homework Holder...

We don't have a specific spot for Evan's homework and it's been driving me nuts to have it laying all over the place and getting lost. So, yesterday, I made some hanging pockets to keep Evan's homework and Asher's workbook.

10 15 003web

I made them out of cereal boxes and duct tape (really high class, I know!) and then modpodged cute scrapbook paper onto the outside. I used my silhouette to cut the letters out of brown vinyl.

I included a little pocket for their Wii cards (they can earn or lose Wii time throughout the day).

10 15 002web

...Hair accessories...

I've been having a lot of fun with the hair bows/flowers/clippies. :) Here's what I've made lately...

This one is made from felt and was inspired by a tutorial in this blog post.

10 15 004web

This one is also felt
10 15 016web

Ribbon wrapped around tinfoil and then rolled up (inspired by this tutorial... it's in french, but I just looked at the pictures).
10 15 017web

A cute little owl made of felt and buttons
10 15 012web

And finally a knit headband with rosettes, made out of silky fabric and a bit of tulle. I can't remember where I first learned to make rosettes from, but here's a good tutorial if you're wondering.
10 15 014web
On the headband, I used a really wide zigzag stitch so it could stretch and it had the nice side effect of giving the edges of the headband a little bit of a scalloped look. I didn't mean to do that, but I thought it was cute!

So anyway, there's my crafting fun for the past month! :)

4 comments:

alanna said...

Wow Li. I'm very impressed. Thanks for the links too. :)

Brianne said...

Everything looks great!

Bec said...

Holy crap, crafty momma! You've been busy! I love all of your projects! The dress is darling! The homework folder is ingenious (and I'm all about the duct tape)! And those darling bows just might be copied in the near future! :) Keep em coming! But miss me a little when you craft. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Love!! Oh my, her dress is gorgeous!!! I am so impressed. And LOVE the owl clip!! Ok, you have me inspired, I need to get crackin' on some crafts. :)