Ok, I'll admit it.
I put my wreath up on Friday.
I was just too excited! It doesn't look as good on our plain white door as it did on our blue door last year, but I still love it. :)
Around the same time I made my wreath last year, I went to DI and bought some random glass jars with the intention of making spooky apothecary jars out of them. Well, I didn't get very far, and they just sat around until they got boxed up with the other fall decorations once Thanksgiving was over.
So, this year, I pulled them out and finished them!

I painted the two lids black and then sanded them a bit to make them look worn. I also put a layer of ModPodge on the glass and then sanded it to make them look a bit old. I printed the labels for free HERE (scroll down a bit), soaked them in some watered down food coloring (red, yellow and a teensy bit of blue makes brown) to make them look old, and then Modpodged them on to the jars.

I still feel like they're missing something. Maybe I should fill them up? I can't fill them with anything edible like candy because I didn't wash them out and now they're ModPodged. Hmmm.... I'll have to think about it.
Care for some Love potion No. 9?

I've also got this miniature dead fellow nestled in there. He just seems to fit.


And poor Jennica the goldfish (named by Evan) is nestled right there in the middle and doesn't know what to do with herself.

Actually, she probably couldn't care less.
And I don't even know if she's actually a she.
I finished the whole thing off by covering it in spider webs, and now we have a mini spooky apothecary in our house. Bathed in the eerie light of the fish tank. :)

Happy October!



1 comment:
Put colored water or sand in the bottles. They are so cute!
Post a Comment