Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday

Ellie's birthday was mostly a normal Saturday. We were out and about bright and early to pick up our bountiful basket. The exciting thing in the basket this week was cherries!

06 23 002-1web

Ellie got into the potatoes from the basket and carried one around with her most of the morning. Silly girl.

06 23 009web

We went for a run and then let the birthday girl out of the jogging stroller to walk around.

IMG_20120623_100149

We will be doing most of our celebrating while we are visiting family soon, but Ellie did get her presents on her birthday. I was surprised at how quickly she picked up on the concept of ripping the wrapping paper off. She was a bit unsure at first, but as soon as she figure it out, she dug right in!

06 23 010web

06 23 012web

06 23 027web

She got a dolly (which she really couldn't care less about), a purse with things to put in it (which she likes to carry around), and a stroller. She LOOOOOOOOOOVES the stroller. 

06 23 030web

06 23 039web

If anyone else touches it, she screams at them. Sometimes she even gets mad at the doll for sitting in it. Somehow, even with no previous experience with birthdays and presents, she still knows that these toys  are HERS. Little stinker.

After presents, Ellie went to bed and we all enjoyed a Redbox movie and a doughnut in her honor. :)

4 comments:

Brein said...

Sooo cute!! Irelee is into screaming over her stuff too, but anything she touches is her stuff. ;) I think they look really similar with their binkies in. She's such a cutie pie, I just love her! Happy birthday angel!

alanna said...

That is adorable. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

lol love it! I love that she gets mad at the baby for sitting in the stroller! Too funny. Happy Birthday miss Ellie!!

Lori said...

Love this! How funny that her dolly is intruding on the stroller, lol. I'm glad she had a fun day and I loved the pics. I need to go buy me some cherries! Happy birthday to Ellie, she is a total sweetheart.