Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chairs!

We moved here a year and three months ago and we have been without a dining room table and chairs ever since. Until Mother's day! My present for Mother's Day was a dining set.

We had a dining set picked out at the furniture store, but as we were getting ready to buy it someone from church called to let us know they had a table they were getting rid of for free if we wanted it. Talk about great timing... and you can't beat free! All we needed was chairs.

We decided to buy the unfinished chairs from IKEA and finish them ourselves. As is the case with most IKEA furniture, the chairs came in pieces, so they had to be primed, painted and assembled.

05 20 001web

After much deliberation, I decided on aqua for the color and, in the spirit of making our decor more interesting, we decided to do each chair a different color for sort of an ombre look.

06 13 001web

Ben and I both love this painting by Ben's Sister, Aariel, so that's what we used for our color inspiration.

06 13 015web

I love how they turned out and I really love the colors! I was worried I wouldn't like having the four different colors, but I love it.

06 13 002web

06 13 004web

Yay for having family dinners again! Happy Mother's Day to me. :)

06 13 005web

5 comments:

Brianne said...

I love the chairs! Are you going to paint the table too?

Brein said...

LOVE the idea of the different colored chairs, they look awesome!

Aariel said...

Oh, that makes me so happy! Also, the colors are gorgeous! I'm wondering how you did it - Did you start with the darkest shade of color and add white for each additional chair?

Kelly said...

Now paint that table! Black or white would be nice and would tie in the painting too. Have fun! Yay!

aubreyannie said...

i love that painting as well! and yay for a table and chairs!