This morning, as we were getting ready for church, Evan insisted that he had to give a talk in "Sunday school". I explained that Sunday school is the adult class and asked if he meant his primary class. He insisted that he didn't have a talk in primary, he had one in Sunday school.
We were minutes away from leaving for church, so I told him that I hadn't been told about it so we weren't going to worry about it. He was sure he needed to have a talk prepared though, so he wrote one himself during sacrament meeting.
Here's what it said (with his own spelling, punctuation, etc.):
"Most kids think Christmas is about getting toys. But I think its about Christ and giving. Christmas exists because its the time we celebrate Christ's birthday. Sometimes I think its about toys but I know whats important, and its Christ's birthday."
I was so proud of him. He is quick to roll his eyes when I try to talk about the spiritual side of Christmas (or anything, for that matter), so I was really touched by his thoughts on the subject.
If you're wondering..... It turns out that they had originally given out talk assignments for today but then changed their minds and decided to do some Christmas things instead. They let Evan give his talk anyway. :)
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love that he was so responsible about giving his talk in "Sunday School". Maybe he was thinking Sharing Time? His talk was great!
Post a Comment