Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Weekly Update: Happy Easter!

This past week was a busy one, with Asher's birthday party AND Easter!

We started off the festivities by taking a day of school (Friday) to learn about the Easter story and do some crafts. We invited some friends over to do this with us and it was a lot of fun!

IMG_1075web

IMG_1102web

IMG_1101web

On Saturday, we had Asher's birthday party (finally). He had a bey blade party, so we did a double elimination bey blade competition in which Asher won the championship!

04 19 21web

04 19 11web

04 19 28web

04 19 8web

04 19 4web

Evan had fun officiating the competition.
04 19 18web

After the party was over, we colored Easter eggs.

04 19 4-2web

04 19 6-2web

04 19 9-2web

IMG_1085web

I didn't get much in the way of pictures on Easter morning because I opted for video instead of pictures this year, but it was pretty low key and unexciting anyway. The Easter Bunny brought beach buckets with a few goodies inside and he also hid the eggs for the kids to find. I did take these pictures of my little Easter bunnies.

IMG_1092web

IMG_1091web

IMG_1088web

This year, I was determined to get a picture of all four kiddos in their Easter clothes. I was so excited about putting Ellie and Aria in matching Easter dresses this year that I bought them about two months ago!

04 20 33web
I just love these cute kids!

Other things that happened this week.....

Aria suddenly grew out of all her clothes. I had to pull out the six month sizes the other day! *sniff*

IMG_1113web

Our church basketball team got slaughtered in the first game of the playoffs (yes, that's the final score!).

IMG_1077web
In our defense, we only had five people, while they had ten. They were also the team that won the championship last year.

We've been studying chemical reactions in science, which included some fun experiments like rusting steel wool and mixing vinegar and baking soda.
IMG_1070web

Aria finally rolled from her back to her stomach this week! At this age, Ellie was already crawling, so I'm glad this little peanut is taking her time! She's getting really good at reaching for things and grabbing them, though!

IMG_1106web
04 19 32web

Waiting for Evan at speech.

IMG_1072web

And that's it for this week! We hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday!

No comments: