Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us!

Ben and I celebrated our 27th and 25th birthdays yesterday. Ben had the day off of school, work, and clinic. I guess our birthday is just that special. ;)

Here are a few highlights from our day!

The boys got up and made birthday cake in their pajamas.


After they got dressed, they frosted and decorated the cake.
Such concentration!




For lunch, we went on a picnic to the park. We had a lot of fun running around and playing on the playground. Ben taught Evan how to play tag and it has now replaced hide n' seek as his favorite game.





Presents!
Ben got me a bunch of fun jewelry... and something to organize it in (he knows me too well!).
I got him the shoes he's been wanting and a book about all the fun things we'll be able to do when we move to Hawaii.


In the evening, Ben and I went out to dinner and a movie while some friends watched the boys. It was really nice to get out together!

When we got home, even though it was way past bed time for the boys, Evan insisted that we HAD to have cake. We compromised by lighting the candles and singing the birthday song.


The last picture of the day:

And now on to another fun and interesting year!

3 comments:

alanna said...

Happy Birthday Li (and Ben)! It sounds like you guys had a great day with the family. I love that you documented it with pictures.

Brein said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!! I feel like such a dork, I remembered the day of and then forgot until now. :P Sorry! But I'm so glad you had a fun one, the pictures at the park are so cute, it's beautiful there!

Boston Family said...

So you told me all about your birthday, but seeing the pics makes it totally better. You are an amazing photographer. Have I told you that this week? You just have an amazing eye. Good skillz. Enjoy being 25!