Sunday, May 11, 2008

Things I've learned from my mother

My Mom is a wonderful woman. I know it's cliche, but the older I get (and the longer I am a mother myself), the more I appreciate her. If I end up being close to the mother she is, I will consider myself successful.

Things I've learned from my mother (in no particular order):

~Several phrases I catch myself saying to my kids all the time.
~My repertoire of lullabies and fun kids songs.
~Love the Lord.
~Living the gospel will make you happy.
~Try not to care too much what other people think of you.
~Getting older is exciting, not scary or depressing.
~Value hard work, and get the job done right the first time.
~Family is important and motherhood is a sacred responsibility.
~You don't have to be afraid of spiders. Just squish them or take them outside.
~Love music... all different kinds.
~Acquiring knowledge doesn't end with school.
~Pick your battles.
~Love.

~I love you, Mom!~


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as my Mother's Day.... Ben got up with the kids this morning and let me sleep in a little. Then, my cute family served me breakfast in bed. At church we got a nice assortment of chocolates throughout the different meetings, which is always appreciated. Then, at dinner, my boys presented me with my gift. It was a gift certificate, which is always nice because it means I get to go shopping! :)

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Li,
What a sweet tribute to your mom. I know that touched her very much. And I agree--you do have a great mom!