Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pat his cheeks and give him whaaaaaaaat....

I think having my own husband has helped me to understand my Dad a little better. Or at least appreciate him way more. I was lucky to have a father who, even though he was busy finishing grad school while I was a kid, was very much a part of my life. I have fond memories of my dad- lots of camping/hiking/fishing type things, as well as things like stories at bed time, sitting with me in the middle of the night when I'd had a nightmare, and making me laugh. He taught me the value of working hard and being a good student.

Now, I'm married to a man who is very much like my Dad in a lot of important ways. He loves our little boys and makes sure to spend time with them and make them feel special, even though he is trying to finish grad school. He tells stories and sings songs at bed time. He rough-houses and makes them laugh. He's willing to babysit them and put them to bed when I need a little time off.
P1280606edit2_webDSC_0229web


I love and appreciate both these men in my life. The world could use more fathers like these two.

1 comment:

Boston Family said...

I think it's cool to see all that mom's and dad's do that I do remember them doing...you know, like the first 7 years of your life, basically.