Sunday, October 5, 2008

RIP

Our laptop is dead. We were about 10 minutes into the Saturday afternoon session of conference (which we were watching on the laptop), when Evan spilled his cup of milk right onto the keyboard. At first the keyboard wouldn't work. Now the laptop won't even turn on.

Not only does the laptop contain all my pictures, but it also contains my entire card business.

Geek Squad here we come.

1 comment:

Marty Jensen said...

Whoa! Bummer on the laptop. I once had a desktop at Brigham Implement that just quit working. When I looked inside, it was full of mouse #1 and #2 - yuck! Some of the little components were entirely covered with up to 1/2 inch of #2 mouse. I thought, "It's ruined now, what do I have to lose?" So I took it out in the parking lot and sprayed it out with computer cleaner, plugged it back in and it worked fine! (I then covered the holes in the back with screen).

Story #2: We also had a monitor in Canada which quit working - the colors were all very faint and washed out looking. We junked it--meaning we put it outside at the side of the house. It rained on and off for several months--mostly on. Then, one of the boys decided they needed it, so they brought it in, let it dry, and turned it on. Worked just like before: very faint and washed out. Then someone got the bright idea to try adjusting the contrast. You guessed it - it worked great! It never had a problem except the contrast setting (duh!).

So maybe your "milktop" computer will still work,...

Marty