I totally forgot about these pictures when I was doing our camping post, but I remembered them today, and I just had to share! We kept hearing a bird squawking like crazy while we were camping and when we looked on the other side of our truck, we saw a killdeer spreading it's wing on the ground and running around (if you don't know what a killdeer is, it's a kind of bird that pretends it has a broken wing and runs away from it's nest so that predators will chase it instead of bugging it's nest). Upon further inspection, we found the nest, not three feet from our car. The poor thing was running and squawking all weekend.


I'm REALLY surprised it didn't get stepped on while we were unloading the car and stuff. Or while we were brushing our teeth the night before. I'm pretty sure this is about where Ben and I spit after brushing. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment