Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adventure!

We've been using mapquest a lot lately to find our way around. As I was looking at the map the other day, I noticed a state park less than 5 miles up the road. On Thursday, we were itching to get out of the house and it wasn't rainy, so I told the boys that if they took a good nap, we'd go on an "adventure".

Boy, they sure loved that idea!

It ended up being just a parking lot and a few trails, but it was perfect for a short little adventure, and it sure was beautiful! We chose the shortest trail and started down the path.

03 17 001-1web

It was perfect for the boys because there were plaques all along the way that told a story about a little mouse exploring the woods. They had fun running excitedly ahead to find the next plaque to continue the story.

The walk was gorgeous. Tall trees, ferns, moss. So pretty. I could not get over all the moss.

03 17 004-1web

03 17 005-1web

03 17 007-1web

I had the boys stand under some mossy branches for a picture and right before I snapped it, Asher said, "This is SO scary!"

03 17 006-1web

Now the boys keep asking me if we can go on another "adventure".

Great. Now I'm going to have to continue to come up with amazing outings to keep them entertained. At least there are other new places to explore. Hopefully we don't run out of them too soon. :)

3 comments:

Bec said...

Oh my gosh! That moss is crazy! What a fun adventure... the little mouse story sounds totally perfect! Seattle looks like such a pretty place! Keep these pictures comin! ;)

Brein said...

All that green is AWESOME!!! Makes me want to be there! I love the pictures, they look great! Your boys are so dang cute!

Heidi said...

Wow! Seattle??? (it's been a while since I've checked) Congrats on the new job...and the little girl! super exciting!