We've lived here in the Seattle area for almost two months now. I can't believe it's been that long! After finding places in the closet for a few last odds n' ends yesterday, and after getting the last of the carboard boxes flattened and put away, I FINALLY feel like we're officially settled in. So, in honor of that, I thought I'd post a few of the things I've noticed about Seattle...
1. People don't stop at red right turn arrows. If you do, you will be honked at.
2. It's normal to mow the grass or go jogging or ride your bike in the pouring rain. And when I say pouring, I mean POURING.
3. Everyone has a dog.
4. There is moss everywhere.... roofs, sidewalks, cars... everywhere.
5. If it's not raining, it's considered a "nice day".... even if it's gloomy and overcast. (I'm hoping this is just the attitude for this time of year. We'll see what summer brings.)
6. Lots of the gas stations don't accept credit cards.
We are really loving it here so far. The area is beautiful and the people are nice. Ben's job is going well and he's enjoying it. I'm loving being able to stay home with my boys and trying to enjoy the last few weeks of being able to give them all my attention.
We are blessed. :)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Everyone seems to have a dog here too, and running while it is snowing is apparently normal. In fact anything above 30 is a nice day.
What gas stations are you going to????
Post a Comment