Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lucky number SEVEN!

Today, I have been a mother for seven years. It seems like only yesterday that I was staring at this adorable little face...

Photobucket

...and now he's so grown up! *sniff*

10 12 057web

We celebrated Evan's birthday yesterday. We had plans for a fun-filled day that included a picnic lunch at the park, swimming at the YMCA, and the dinner buffet at Pizza Hut.

BUT, the universe had different plans.

It was cold and rainy, so the picnic lunch wasn't happening, we got to the Y and discovered they had closed the pool for the rest of the day, and when we got to Pizza Hut, they didn't have anything out for the buffet! It's a good thing that we're flexible and that Evan is fairly easy to please. We ended up having a fun day, despite the setbacks.

We had a picnic lunch in the living room while watching Kung Fu Panda. The boys were just as excited about that as they were about going to the park. *whew!*

After arriving at the YMCA to find the pool closed, we decided to head to the Family Fun Center.

02 25 004web

The boys ran around to their hearts' content in "Kidtropolis" (think McDonald's play place times ten).

02 25 011web

02 25 012web

02 25 015web

02 25 019web

02 25 021web

After Kidtropolis, we went to Pizza Hut and the kids got their own little pizzas which they thought that was pretty cool.

When we got home, it was time for Kung Fu Panda 2.

02 25 027web
{My camera shutter speed is obviously faster than the speed of the movie. lol}

And after that we had cake. Evan directed the design of this cake. I put whatever he told me to. :)

02 25 028web
{We've already discussed my lack of cake decorating skills, so don't laugh.}

Last, but not least, was presents!

02 25 044web

02 25 043web

Evan got his very own camera. I was a little worried about whether he would like it or not, but he LOVES it. He has been taking pictures all day today. He even made sure to get a picture of each of us in our church clothes this morning. I'll let him post some of his pictures if I can ever figure out how to get them off the camera (that part isn't going so well!).

Happy birthday, buddy!! We love you to pieces!

4 comments:

Meggan said...

Happy birthday sweet Evan! I am glad your best laid plans turned out even better. I've been going back looking at your posts and your simple things challenge has inspired me! I think I'm gonna try and join. Life seems to be flyin now that #3 is here. Miss you friend!

Brianne said...

I love seeing the little picture of Evan! It looks like he had a great birthday.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Evan!

aubreyannie said...

oh bummer about the y pool being closed! but it sounds like you guys had a blast..we love the playplace at the family fun center. the kids can play there for EVER. happy birthday evan!